- It supplies all of the essential amino acids plus 10 of the 12 non-essential amino acids.
- It has been used in weight control programmes.
- Contains Good Fats Only Spirulina has little or no fat, except for vital unsaturated fatty acids and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), the omega-6 fatty acid essential for health.
- Contains Important Vitamins Spirulina contains concentrated amounts of many important vitamins, including B-complex and antioxidant vitamins such as Vitamin E and beta-carotene
- Helps Maintain Body pH Balance Our high intake of meat, eggs and animal products causes our body to be overly acidic.
- Spirulina also contains various digestive enzymes important for proper digestive function.
Spirulina, a type of blue-green algae, is regarded by scientists as a rich power food of the future. Using light, warmth, water and minerals, Spirulina devotes almost all of its energy towards producing protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrients that are vital to life. It is considered one of the most concentrated food sources on earth.
Contains Easy-to-Digest Vegetable Protein Spirulina contains 65-70% easily digested protein, with virtually no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- Helps in Weight Control Spirulina is especially rich in phenylalanine, an amino acid that suppresses the appetite centres in the brain, while energizing it.
- The pigments in spirulina combine with its amino acids to produce enzymes that help regulate digestion and maintain a proper balance of metabolism.
- This effect enables efficient weight loss. Being low in fats, sugars and calories, spirulina is recommended for individuals on weight-loss diets.
Is A Rich Source of Minerals Because it grows in mineral-rich brackish water, spirulina is a good source of many important minerals including iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, selenium and phosphorus.
- It provides these minerals in a naturally chelated form bound with amino acids, which is easy to digest and assimilate.
- Spirulina is also one of the few reliable vegetarian sources of Vitamin B12, essential for healthy nerves and tissues.
- Contains Phytonutrients for Health and Cleansing Spirulina contains chlorophyll and pigments that help the liver in its cleansing function.
- Well-known for its deodorizing and cleansing properties, chlorophyll helps eliminate toxins and assists in the healing of wounded tissues.
This is indicated by symptoms such as chronic fatigue, body aches and skin problems, all of which accelerate the ageing process.
Being highly alkaline, spirulina can help steer the body towards a healthier, neutral pH.
As a natural multivitamin and mineral supplement.
Also useful for:
Reducing appetite ulcers poor digestion or food intolerance anaemia Highly recommended for pregnant and nursing mothers, the elderly, athletes, vegetarians and those who are fasting.
2 tablets to be chewed 3 times daily, ½
2 x Kordel's Spirulina 1000mg 120's